Friday, June 3, 2011

Just had serpentine belt on my Ford Taurus changed, yesterday my heater blowing cold air, today car wll not st?

Just had serpentine belt on my Ford Taurus changed over the weekend, yesterday my heater was only blowing cold air, now today my car will not start? Could both of these be related to the changing of the serpentine belt?|||yes, it sure appears that way. Your belt operates the water pump(moves coolant through engine which also heats vehicle) as well as the alternator(charges battery). I would assume your belt is wrong or put on wrong and has come off. check that first. Do not continue driving this way you will overheat the engine. was your steering hard to use? the belt also runs the power steering pump|||absolutely not, sounds like you got yourself a POS taurus!





sorry, anyways. it could be several problems all at once, the cold air only sounds like a low coolant or heater core problem, not starting? well does it crank and not fire? or does it do nothing at all? we need more details.|||Problem: It%26#039;s a Ford (American Made), Built Like Crap (UAW)





Solution: Audi, BMW, Ferrari or Mercedes-Benz, Built Better|||check the tension on the actual belt itself. when u press on it, does it feel tight/firm? maybe its ur timing belt and not serpentine belt. this will stop the whole engine if it is. when u change 1 belt, u have 2 change any/all the others, too. also, check ur coolant levels if ur heater is only blowing cold air out. u might have a loose hose or bad gasket somewhere!|||It%26#039;s a possibility, for the cause of the problem hasn%26#039;t been isolated. Your heater was only blowing cold air, now today your car will not start? @ the place I work, a car had problems starting, but I was unable to scan it, and my experience told me that the fuel pump was to blame. Note: see if you can isolate the problem, and take it from there.