Friday, June 3, 2011

What does it take to change a serpentine belt on a '89 Ford Aerostar?

Hi,


The belt is cracked so it needs to be done,we really need the dependable ride. What I am wondering is, does anything need to come off to get the belt on, being a transverse mounted engine? And if so, do all I need to do is loosen up the idler pulley?? and what does that entail? Any and all feedback is appreciated.|||i did one a bunch of years back but all i remember is you need a 1/2 inch ratchet and a 3/8 loosen the pully stick the 1/2 in the hole and it will loosen just do the opposit with the new belt and dont tighten it too tight i do remember that replacing the spark plugs sucked on one side you have to go in the wheel openings|||I use a 3/8 ratchet and a cheater pipe and put it in the square hole in the idler pully and pull, I use the cheater as not to bust my knuckles in a small space.