Thursday, October 6, 2011

04 Chrysler Town & Country - What does my serpentine belt squeak?

My serp belt was %26quot;chirping%26quot; sounded like a cricket living under the hood. I changed the belt, but the noise still occurred. I changed the Tensioner.. still the same.. I changed the Idler Pulley.. Results are the same.. Would a bad water pump or power steering pump pully cause this noise? I did not add any dressing to the belt.. I hear that is actually not recommended. Any thoughts?
04 Chrysler Town %26amp; Country - What does my serpentine belt squeak?
How many miles on the water pump?



Alternator is possible, P/S unlikely, A/C very possible



Take belt off and check them. looking for play or drag when spun by hand. Noise too, so turn down the radio in the garage.



Me I have a belt stethoscope to check where the noises come from. Real figgin handy and cheap from harbor frieght(way less than that tensioner you bought!)



Sci ASE Tech since 1978, 96 T%26amp;C 3.8L
04 Chrysler Town %26amp; Country - What does my serpentine belt squeak?
I replaced an alternator for this noise once and it fixed it. The customer was scared it was going to go out and he would have a dead battery. What reminded me of this was that when it came in the customer had replaced the belt prior thinking it was a belt noise.
  • Twister DOUBLE duvet set
  • hair brush
  •