Thursday, October 6, 2011

How much would a dealership charge to change a fan belt on a Jeep Grand Cherokee?

It's a 95, v8, serpentine belt. I did it myself in about 5 minutes. The cost of the belt was a little under $30 from Autozone. I wonder how much a dealership would charge for something that took me (moderately experienced) 5 minutes to change.
How much would a dealership charge to change a fan belt on a Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Do it Yourself....It is very simple.



Buy a premium quality belt spend the money there.



It will only take few minutes, there should be a diagram on the fan shroud right under hood near the hood latch.





Yours: Grumpy
How much would a dealership charge to change a fan belt on a Jeep Grand Cherokee?
from atlanta, ga dealership, $55 - $75; go autozone
60 to 80$ labor not included.
they'd probly charge ya one hour shop time so between 60 and 80 bucks labor,,name of the game is beat the dealer,,.
to much... do it yourself..
Are you serious, paul67337, number 10 in the top answers for cars and transportation?



You know the routine for standard routine maintenance items, a standard auto shop charges at least 2x what a part would cost your. Dealership charges at least 3x what the part would cost you to do it yourself. =)



Say hi to Drake for me.
In NY is around $100.00 and hour labor. I work in a dealership but I don't get $100.00 an hour I get about 1/3 of a hundred an hour.