Tuesday, October 25, 2011

1997 & 2000 Ford Explorer has a funny sound from under the front end, not the engine compartment. What is it?

MY son has a 2000 Ford Explorer %26amp; I have a 1997 Ford Explorer (altho mine if 11 years old, only has 80,000 miles) I noticed his car made a funny sound, like wub-wub-wub coming out from under his car and he said it is probably a tire of balancing, or alignment. Well I just bought a 1997 Ford Explorer and low and behold, I have the same funny sound - wub-wub-wub. I took it in for a complete check-up, oil change, serpentine belt, radiator flush, and 4 NEW COOPER TIRES, complete with balancing. I told the garage that the sound was there and he said he could find nothing to pin it on altho I don't think it is as pronounced and before. What could be causing this sound. I drive with my ears as well as my eyes, nose, taste, and feel. Could this sound be caused by that protective cover just beside the wheel - it seems to be a cover to keep mud and debris from getting at the other components of the undercarraige. PULLLeeeezzze - Somebody tell me what is causing the wub-wub-wub sound. Thanks
1997 %26amp; 2000 Ford Explorer has a funny sound from under the front end, not the engine compartment. What is it?
It might be a piece of plastic flapping or something. It is probably wind noise. An explorer has the aerodynamic properties of a fridge.



%26quot;I drive with my ears as well as my eyes, nose, taste, and feel%26quot;



Remember, keep your hands on the wheel, your feet on the peddles, your eyes on the road ... and don't sniff or lick the tailpipe anymore. People are starting to wonder about you.

.
1997 %26amp; 2000 Ford Explorer has a funny sound from under the front end, not the engine compartment. What is it?
sounds like something is rubbing as you drive.