Thursday, October 6, 2011

Replacement of a serpentine belt on A 2000 Ford Taurus?

I have 114k on my car. It has a V6 Flex fuel engine. Would there be any forseen problems changing that. I called one shop and they said they would have to look at it because of some design and the engine mounts making the replacement difficult. Is he full a BS or what can I really expect price wise?
Replacement of a serpentine belt on A 2000 Ford Taurus?
I'm not sure a bout price , maybe $50 labor .

But it is harder to work on front wheel drives (sideways motors) then rear wheel drives. The front of the motors is crammed up against the wheel well, so its a smaller gap to work with.



You maybe able to do it yourself, and the auto parts store will loan you the tools to do small easy repairs.



A books is only $10 and well worth the information in the long run of things.



You should be able to change the belt your self. It's a commonly replaced part.



It says the belt is $35 :

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.鈥?/a>
Replacement of a serpentine belt on A 2000 Ford Taurus?
IF I remember the 3.0 4 valve or the 3.4 v-8 that was in some taurus models is one you sometimes have to remove the mount to get to the belt.



Yours is based off the 3.0 vulcan or 12 valve... Should be a half hour job.. as no mount removal... and I know as I've done more than I care to count.
No he's not full of bs but the changing of that belt wont kill your wallet and yes you should change it