Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ml350 Serpentine belt?

Hello, does anyone know if it easy or have some instructions on how to change the ML 350 Serpentine belt?

Thanks
Ml350 Serpentine belt?
I would take it to a dealer, but I suppose I only say that because I am a tech and that is how we make money. If you insist on doing it yourself I would take a mental picture of how the belt is routed and then all you will need is a 3/8%26quot; drive ratchet and a 17mm socket to release the tensioner. The tensioner is on the right side of the crank pulley and the 17mm hex head is underneath the belt. It's really easy, but I have changed a million of them so I would say you shouldn't have to much trouble with it.
Ml350 Serpentine belt?
Easy, as long as the diagram is still under your hood. There should be a sticker near the radiator showing the routing of the belt. You insert a ratchet wrench, usually 3/8%26quot; drive in a hole in the front of the tensioner pulley and relieve tension on the belt. Take off the old one and put on the new one. Release the wrench and the tensioner should resume it's job. That is, if this car is like all the others with a serpentine belt.



If you get stumped or I am way wrong, check out http://www.chiltonsonline.com/
  • i cant find my scan
  • streamreader
  •